Travel Certificates

Traveling with your pet can be fun, but stressful without the appropriate paperwork and planning.

Pets who will be traveling by plane or over state borders are legally required to have a travel certificate completed by a federally accredited veterinarian. Travel certificates are meant to protect the safety of your pet, other travels, and the environment in which you will be traveling.

When issuing a travel certificate, your veterinarian will ensure your pet is healthy enough to travel, free from disease and parasites, and has received the appropriate vaccinations.

If you are traveling by air, we recommend contacting your airline in advance of your departure at least one month out to touch base with their travel requirements. Some airlines require the travel certificate to be dated within 10 days before the flight.

Pets who travel in the cabin with their owners endure far less stress than pets who ride in steerage. If possible, request your pet fly with you. For other pets who do not meet the size requirements, riding in the cabin will not be an option. It’s important to take extra care in providing pets riding in steerage with plenty of space and water, and avoid flying in extreme hot and cold temperatures.

Copyright© 2019
Rea Road Animal Hospital.
All Rights Reserved

Stay up-to-date on your
pet’s health as well as
gain rewards with your veterinarian with the Petlocity App! 

Contact Us

8100 Williams Pond Ln
Charlotte, NC 28277

Phone: 704.544.6313

follow Us